photographs: summer afternoons.

July 19, 2013

record player girl flower findings succulent blue butterfly
Listening to records with the windows open. | My face. | Flower findings for an upcoming design project. | A very happy plant in the sun. | Watering. | The biggest butterfly I've ever seen.

While the rest of the country is melting, I'm feeling super crazy lucky to live near the beach in California. There is almost always an ocean breeze, and our hotter days have been few. So, that means all of you poor souls who are dying in unbearable heat and/or humidity should come visit right now. Summer party, day and night. Let's do it.

*p.s. - for those asking, yes! I'm taking on design projects. My portfolio is in major need of a facelift, but feel free to contact me (kellyann @ flowerchilddwelling.com) with any questions or inquiries. Let's talk!

16 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful, and so are you :) Send some of that ocean breeze over to Mississippi? Or I'll just come there. Win-win either way.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. i live by the beach in california too, yay for nice weather [: photosets like these make me really happy because they capture the subtle, otherwise fleeting moments in life. how relaxing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in that first photo. All your photographs are so beautiful.

    -Remi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these photos. So pretty :)

    SaolSona

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are gorgeous... especially that first one... so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you with your ocean breeze! :)
    Love the photos Kelly Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss living by the beach! Growing up in Florida, I had always lived a couple of blocks from the ocean, and the breeze coming off the ocean made it so much more tolerable. Now I live in the middle of the state, and it's torture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos! Nice Record player!


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so pretty. love the light in that first photo. i'm so jealous of your weather--it is HOT here in florida. so ready for fall haha! enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos with such vibrant colors. The California beach weather has to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I just moved into a new apartment, and I need a way to recreate this atmosphere as I'm decorating...if only I could get an ocean breeze in Saint Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you and these photos. You're just the best<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're back!!!! how did i not know this before?? oh my goodness, this makes me so happy.

    can't wait to catch up on you girl. hope all is well.
    xoxo,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete

i like you and your words. a lot. please leave your email so I can send a note your way. xo.